Wednesday 19 March 2014

Laughter


19 March 2014

Lovely card to come up this week. A reminder of many wise sayings, "Laughter is the best medicine." It is well-proven that laughing is good for you. And I am reminded of  
"Rule Number Six" - ("Don't take yourself so goddamn seriously." scroll down the page for the story) which I was introduced to by reading Ben Zander's book The Art of Possibility.

I know when I am getting stressed when I do begin taking myself too seriously; when I have a 'sense of humour failure; when I can't see the funny side to events; and - especially - when I lose the ability to laugh at myself.

When I can't laugh, I am unable to see the joy in my life. Have you ever been there when a young baby has just been laughing at something she sees? It is may be their parent playing peek-a-boo, or their brother pulling faces. There are many examples on line, and I only have to
listen to start laughing myself.

What else can I say about laughter? It is a part of sharing, of loving, of being human. It adds so much to life; it helps workplaces be a place of companionship as well as jobs; it is often cited as one of the ingredients in long and happy marriages.

The colour of this card is a deep, yet soft, red. Feeling to me like a good belly laugh, a laugh that goes on and on. One that I can't stop, and even when I do stop and pause, gasping, for breath - one look at my companion will restart the 'falling about laughing' again.


As always, please feel free to comment below with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment