Sunday 8 June 2014

Immense Gratitude


8 June 2014

Dear friends,

The title of this unscheduled email is 'Immense Gratitude' - as that is what I am feeling. Thank you to YOU, the person reading this, for the way you have supported me. Simply by choosing to stay on this mailing list (or reading this on Facebook or where ever else it may appear) - you are supporting me. Even if you receive the newsletters and don't always open and read them - that is fine too. Maybe one day you will open one and it will be just what you need to hear at that moment, as happens to me with all the wonderful writing I receive and do not have time to read for a while.

Since completing my weekly newsletter/blog on each one of the fifty cards in the pack over the last year, I have returned to drawing one daily. I wrote a little about that in my monthly newsletter that most of you also receive.

Over the last three days, even with vigorous shuffling and splitting and cutting of the pack of cards, this word 'Gratitude' has come out three times running. OK, I get it! A gentle reminder to make 'an attitude of gratitude' a part of my daily way of life. All too easy to slip into moans and groans and forget all my blessings.

Yesterday an email popped into my in-box - and I am still beaming. Thank you so much to Fraser for taking time to write these words, and for permission to share them with you;


"Dear Mary,

This is not a polite little thank you note for your rediscovery cards, but a full-on raving fan letter! It has been such a positive experience using them in my journaling - affirming, insightful and fruitful.  They are a terrific resource. Aside from the benefit of using them they are delightful in their own right - beautifully produced and lovely to handle. I've taken to carrying them around in my bag in case I have a spare few minutes to sit and draw one out to reflect on or write about.

As someone with a particular faith I have found that they dovetail very well my other practices of prayer and contemplation, and that often my writing blends these elements together to nourish and sustain my spirituality.

So a big thank you for devising and creating them, and I hope they continue to be a blessing to all those who have acquired and use them.


Best wishes,

Fraser"


Fraser was the first life coach I worked with - he was there with me through my first redundancy, helping by offering me a listening ear, a reflective and thoughtful response and tools for me to help myself. He is the reason I trained as a life coach and his book 'Why do I do this every day?' was a great inspiration. Thanks once again Fraser, and I am sure you are making a big difference to people in your new field of work.

I will be writing more on the 'What next?' question that I took to the Conscious Writing Retreat with me. Some ideas have been evolving and becoming much more clear over the last two weeks. I will be building on the work of the last two years with the Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Cards, and exploring some new avenues as well.

An image to share with you, at the end of a very special day yesterday of meditation, inspiration, writing and connection - not to mention gratitude - there was the most stunning sunset I've seen for a while. One of those where the colours spread out across the whole sky from west to east, in an ever-changing display of brilliance. In the west there was a clearance coming in and the sky was a bright turquoise at one stage, with the bank of clouds above me gradually darkening from yellow to orange, from red to purple.



Au revoir for now, until the next time, go well and cultivate that attitude of gratitude, may it serve you as it is me.

As always, please feel free to comment below with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry your first (long!) comment was lost to the ether... :(
    I understand some planet/zodiac is in retrograde, hence loads of technology glitches (I truly don't now/understand astrology, so I can't comment...) My internet connection has been erratic (to say the least!!) for several days *sigh*, but today it is good (so far...)
    I do hope you can now get into MS and do the work you need to do... Sending lots of positive energy your way, dear Mary...
    *gentle hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Claire
    Gentle hugs and positive energy much appreciated. Apparently it is Mercury - the planet of communication that is in retrograde, which makes sense as so many people have been experiencing communication problems.

    My card to day is 'Acceptance' - haha - so will do my best to accept and do something else. Then 'Aspiration' jumped out too - and together they sound a little like the Serenity Prayer.
    love and hugs to you
    Mary

    ReplyDelete