Saturday 1 July 2017

July 2017 - Curiosity

In this Issue: 

Reflections: Curiosity
A Request for Help, and a special offer 
Events: workshops in London and Cornwall


Reflections: Curiosity

Last year I wrote some thoughts on 'curiosity' in a blog piece. These are the words I began with:

"Are you curious? Do you wonder about the world around you? Do you wonder about the world within you? Do you still ask those questions as the three-year old you did - why? Why? Why?
Or, have you lost that sense of awe, that inner explorer, that curiosity? Have you been told too often that 'curiosity killed the cat'? Or that it is safer to keep your head down, not ask questions, look at the ground as you walk? To let your dreams go and stick to the daily humdrum?"

Twice in the last two days, by two different people, I have been reminded of the joy of curiosity, and of the gifts it can bring. Using the phrase, the thought: 'I wonder what it would be like if.......' is a gentle way for me to rekindle my curiosity, and - in business terms - to revive my love of what I do.

And.... a relevant question for me this month is 'I wonder what it would be like if I ceased to write and send out these newsletters?'

Maybe it is you I should be asking? The software allows me to see who opens the emails - but what I don't know is why? What makes you bother to click the link? Many people have been decluttering their in-boxes recently (myself included) and so I always send a thank you note when people unsubscribe. I would much rather you did that than for my emails to be a source of irritation for you.

For you - who have chosen to stay, and who have opened and got this far in reading - what is there here that works for you? What parts do you enjoy the most? The least?

One of my motivations for continuing is that I know that many people on my mailing list choose not to be on Facebook - so this may be the only contact we have from month to month unless you come along to workshops or take up one of my coaching programmes.

For others, you may see my posts daily on Facebook, occasionally on Twitter and LinkedIn. As you have still chosen to read this I am honoured and delighted - would you miss this way of connecting if it was discontinued? What is different about receiving this in your email to simply reading on social media?



Returning to curiosity - what is out there on the horizon? Do I choose to navigate directly to the distant island (Lundy in this picture)? Or shall I turn left or right, west or east? Or set off directly across the ocean into the unseen distance of potential?
For you, for your journal or meditation practice:
- if any phrase or word resonates with you from this piece, choose to flow write or meditate on those words
- what emerges for you?
- what gifts can you find within?
- do you wish to paint, draw, collage - express this visually in some way?


A Request for Help, and Summer Special Offer: Two for One coaching sessions

Are you aware that you are not experiencing the true joy of living right now? Do you know you can be so much more? 

Would you value a gentle and sensitive guide to help you find your way through all the decisions? 

You and I both know that your inner wisdom is just there, just outside your conscious awareness, yes? With some carefully crafted questions, some still, quiet time to think and the Dare to Blossom Cards and process you can give your inner wisdom time to be heard and cherished.

I have set myself a goal to support 100 people this year to tap into their own inner wisdom. So far I have worked with 54 people and you could help me achieve my goal

Are you fed up of feeling stuck or having decisions made for you? Then I am offering 2 free coaching sessions to the first four people to put their hands up.

To do that - to raise your hand - just click on the passionflower image, and book a twenty minute complimentary consultation.



If you are not one of the first four, I have a 'two-for-one' offer running through to the end of August, we can discuss the details when we speak. If you don't want to wait, just go to the Welcome page on the website here, and scroll down to find the booking link.


Events: workshops in London and Cornwall



Cornwall
Those of you who are regular readers will know that the series of Unfurl your Power Within workshops is running at the Blue Lotus Healing Centre in Scorrier near Redruth. The next event is on Saturday 8 July, when we will be unfurling the petal for 'Passion: opening to the sun''. Full details are on the website here, and there are two more to follow this year, in September and November, completing the unfurling of the Power Flower.



London
A full day workshop at my dear friend Anna's house in NW London. We have already sold two places so if you are in travelling distance of London in August and this is calling to you, here are the details. Places are limited to six or possibly seven, contact me direct by replying to this email if you are interested in booking.


Date: Saturday 12 August
Time: 10am to 4.30pm. Please arrive from 9.30am for tea, and a prompt start at 10am.
Venue: 77 Elton Avenue, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 0PP
Catering: A variety of hot drinks and nibbles provided, but bring anything specific you need to enable you to be comfortable (such as a specific tea or type of milk). Lunch will be 'bring and share' - 'breaking bread' together is an integral part of the day. Please let me know it you have special dietary requirements.
Price: £65 per person


Here are Anna's words of invitation:

"I am delighted to invite you a workshop I will be hosting, at my home, for my dear friend and soul sister, Mary Lunnen. Mary and I (who happen to share the same birthday!) met during my Cornwall years and have remained in close contact, since my return to London, supporting one another in our personal journeys. I've had the privilege of working with Mary both at workshops, and personal coaching sessions, on a number of occasions, and have always been deeply touched at where her deceptively simple, yet profound. work has taken me.

Please consider joining us for a glorious day of exploration and the chance to hang out with some wonderful people!!"


This will be a day of journeying together, using the Dare to Blossom Rediscovery cards, to take us on a magic carpet ride, a creative guided visualisation to rediscover our inner wisdom and unleash the power within each of us. A power - not to control others - a power to shine from within. To find our inner purpose, passion, and peace - and through these to decide how to progress next in our lives. These words are combined in the Dare to Blossom Power Flower - a process that developed through my inner work, with the support of my own life coaches.

Combining these tools and techniques provides a structure and a container for our day together. and provides the freedom to share as much, or as little, as you wish. To journal and flow-write; to explore the prompts provided by the cards and the unfurling process. All in a safe, non-judgemental, supportive environment, where each of us is heard and witnessed.


As always, please feel free to comment below with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of Dare to Blossom Rediscovery cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this month and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


Find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook, @daretoblossom on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment