Wednesday 27 January 2021

February 2021: Space to Be

 

Reflections: Space to Be

Dare to Blossom Monthly Circle on Zoom Saturday 6th February
From my archives: February titles poem
Taster Circles and 2021 programmes, starting with 'Space to Be, Space to Breathe'

Reflections: Space to Be

'Space to Be', 'Breathing Space' - what do these phrases spark for you? They came into my head as I began writing new ideas for later this spring. In April I will be offering a new six week deep-dive Circle, "Be Powerfully Yourself". I am hugely grateful to Nick Williams for the coaching session where his 'gently challenging' questions helped me appreciate what people receive when they connect with the way I work. I have to say, 'gently challenging' is powerful. As I watched the recording to gain further insights, I could see myself squirming in my seat as my six-year-old self may have done when asked a difficult question by the teacher.

Nick is a hugely experienced, skilled and intuitive coach (I encourage you to connect with him if you would like to know more, his books have inspired me right from the first to the latest, something like 17 now, forgive me if I have forgotten some). One of the reasons I was watching the recording was to hear for myself the words he heard me say: "Be Powerfully Yourself". I didn't remember saying that. and yes, I did, in connection with what I help people do for themselves. That experience shows for me, once again, how magical the coaching process is: having someone truly listening, and reflecting back my own words, my own wisdom, to me. Something I often say to others when I am explaining how coaching works.

Following on from that, I am giving myself the gift of some space to be, simply be. To reflect. To continue my slow-speed sorting and decluttering - a process that is bringing me so many gifts from the past. Messages from myself. Cards from friends with beautiful words within that mean even more now, if that is possible. I am loving working with a small group in the current run of the "Your Powerful Voice" Circle, and having time and space to use that for myself too. Using my own processes is one of the gifts I often forget I can access any time. 

From all this is emerging the idea of a very simple Circle, to run for four weeks during March. We will have a private Facebook group where we can interact if we wish. There will be few, if any, prompts and activities to follow. Each of us will be encouraged to spend time with our journals, or art, or in nature, or all of these. And especially to just be, to connect with your inner guidance. This means that even if you are not on Facebook, you will gain much from participating. There will be a choice of two Zoom call times each week, to help you access the magic of a 'space to be' in real time. More details are below for you to find out more if you are interested, or simply click here..

Returning to my own reflections on a space to be: what does that mean to me? Space: space to stretch. A chance to take up my deserved amount of space. I have often felt, I sometimes still do, that I need to make myself smaller to accommodate others. Sometimes literally, physically. Sometimes metaphorically. I remember as a child, being bullied for coming top of the class in tests. I don't think I went as far as to stop trying, I do remember later, as a teenager, hiding that I was a 'clever girl'. Especially as I entered the world of boyfriends and dating. I think, I hope, that is changing for young people, especially girls, now. Sometimes this is another aspect of being a 'quiet one'. The feeling of not having space to think before sharing my thoughts.




So, I am claiming space to be, to give myself permission to take up the right amount of space in the world for me, at any one moment in time. And especially, space to breathe. Recently, on a rare sunny day in a stretch of dull wet weather, I took a long walk on one of my favourite cliff paths, near Trevone. There was a good swell coming in, booming on the rocks below. Even though there was ice on the ground, the sun felt quite warm on my face. There was a breeze coming in from the ocean. I stood and took some really deep breaths of that sea air. It almost felt as if I had not breathed properly for some time. When under stress, I know I breathe more shallowly, as most of us probably do. Almost as if I am afraid to breathe in fully, in case of danger - and currently that is all too real with Covid 19 being an airborne disease. Yet I know that breathing deeply helps my body physically in bringing more oxygen to circulate throughout my cells, and emotionally too, in relaxing me into a more meditative state

For your reflections, journal, meditation, art or doodles:
- What images or words does the phrase 'space to be' conjure for you?
- How can you bring more of that sense of space into your daily life?
- How will you offer yourself 'space to breathe'?


Enjoy reflecting and exploring and go gently with yourselves and all around you dear friends.

February Dare to Blossom Monthly Circle on Zoom: Saturday 5th at 11.00 am



This time we are meeting on a Saturday as a number of people have said that is a better day for them. In case this is new to you, the monthly gathering is simply a meet up on Zoom, an invitation to a 'pay as you go'  circle at 11.00 am UK time. The fee is £20. As well as taking part, you will receive a photo of the cards I draw for you, and a recording of the call (only sent to those  who are present live). Full details and booking are here, Or simply contact me by replying to this email if you prefer. You can book in advance, or choose to receive an invoice after the event, I will leave that up to you, and trust that if you enjoy the experience you will be happy to offer the fee in exchange for the love and energy I put into creating the Circle for you.

The provisional monthly dates for 2021 are here, still given as Fridays just now. After the February gathering I will decide whether to continue holding them on a Saturday each month if that suits people better.

This is a chance to gather, as if sitting chatting around a table, and simply share some time together. We will use the processes that are familiar to many of you, the 
Compass Rose Speaks opening and closing meditation, the Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Cards and the Magic Carpet Ride guided visualisation, to explore whatever is arising for us on that day. If you are thinking 'I am not familiar with those...' and would like to know more, please contact me. We can always chat on Zoom over a cuppa - and that is a chance to set up that service if it is new to you. Even though I describe this as 'light touch', the insights and experiences are no less powerful for that, for the fact we do not interact in a group between the monthly circles. In fact, people who enjoy being in the deep-dive programmes would probably tell you that the Zoom gatherings are the essential part of the whole process.

From my archives: February titles poem

Gratitude
Reasons to be cheerful
Repeating patterns, Cycles and Surprises
Feline Meditations
Reflections on the first Daring to Blossom workshop 
Rediscovery
Return of the Light
Honesty, and Barriers
Grace and Ease
Harmony and coherence
Peace
Mystery
Clearing and changes
 
Clearing and changes
Mystery
Peace
Harmony and coherence
Grace and Ease
Honesty, and Barriers
Return of the Light
Rediscovery
Reflections on the first Daring to Blossom workshop 
Feline Meditations
Repeating patterns, Cycles and Surprises
Reasons to be cheerful
Gratitude

 
Two free Taster Circles and the new 2021 programmes
The next taster circles will be on Thursday 18th February at 2.30 pm UK time, and Tuesday 23rd February at 9.30 am. I may be able to fit in another before then - if you are on Facebook you will find the details, when confirmed, on the Dare to Blossom page there, if you are not, just contact me if you are interested.

Space to Be, Space to Breathe Four Week Circle
I have already written about this above, this simple Circle will begin on Monday 1st March, with calls on Tuesdays at 9.30 am, and Thursdays at 2.30 pm (UK times), ending on Friday 26th March. The price is £88, with instalments available if that is helpful for you.
Details here, or simply reply to this email with any questions or to book your place.

Being Powerfully Yourself - six-week deep dive Circle
The details are not fully formed just yet, the theme is how to step more fully into the true you, to be powerfully yourself. And doing this regardless of the doubts and wobbles and occasional setbacks. We will  begin after Easter on 12th April, when the evenings are lighter here in Cornwall so I can offer an evening time slot for the Zoom gatherings, Mondays at 7.30 pm UK time.  Full details will be available on the website here soon, and in the March Newsletter - and there will also be some taster circles where you can experience the magic and find out more.


Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this month and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary

Find 
'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook, @daretoblossom on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment