Saturday 23 October 2021

November 2021 - Welcome In Change

 Welcome to the Dare to Blossom Newsletter


An early newsletter for November, for several reasons. As always, I love to receive your comments, questions and feedback, so please do email me by replying to this if you would like to offer your thoughts. Thank you.

Welcome In Change
The Story Continues: Episode 6 of "Doris the not-very-brave dragon"
'Coaching for Coaches' and 'Coaching for Creatives'

Dare to Blossom Monthly Circles on Zoom


Welcome In Change

If you read the October newsletter, you may have seen that I announced that the programme beginning on 1st November would be "Weaving Shadow and Light".  For me, this felt an appropriate time to offer a new version of this previously very popular six week flow, as here in the UK we would be entering into the darkest months, and elsewhere in the world, the brightest.

At the first taster session I offered, just one person of several interested was able to attend. As she had taken the time to be there, I hosted a circle for the two of us.  As it turned out, I am so grateful for those circumstances as I was able to take part myself as she is familiar with the process.

During the drawing of cards for each of us, and an oracle card from one of the decks in my collection, I received inspiration to completely change the theme for November into December. The words I wrote in my journal are "Welcome in the new - an exploration of change'.  And yet, when I came to set up the web page for this new offering, I found I was writing "Welcome In Change", followed by some thoughts on creating the new.

Here are some of those words:

 

"Welcome In Change" will be an exploration of how we can welcome in the new that arrives in our lives whether we are ready for it or not, whether we want it or not.

I notice in my own feelings the paradox of 'this, and...' - where I both wish for things to be different and resist change when it comes. Human beings are of course full of these paradoxes. One of my challenges, maybe yours too, has been learning to navigate change. Helping myself feel brave when I want to run away and hide. Sometimes advising consideration, even caution when I may be ready to dive head first into something without first metaphorically checking if the water is deep enough.

As we approach the end of another year of extraordinary events in all our lives, encompassing the individual flows for each of us - will you join me in this small group to explore how we can welcome in change - and create the new that we wish to see in our world?

Later, I found myself deliberating upon if it could be "Welcoming Change" - which is easier to say. But no, it needs to be "Welcome In Change", a more active, deliberate feeling. Since then, I have found that this new idea has resonated with a number of people: three spaces of the eight available are already booked, and there is still another taster circle to come.



If you would like to join me for that, it is on Tuesday 26th October at 11.00 am UK time.
Contact me to book a place and receive the Zoom link. You do not need to be on Facebook, if you are interested in joining the six week flow around the Compass Rose as we "Welcome In Change", I can send you the prompts by email - although the interactions in the private FB group are always beautiful and supportive. In any case do come and join in the taster, there is no expectation that you will sign up, simply an invitation to experience a little of the magic.

Leaving all that to one side for now, here are some suggestions for you, for your meditation or journal:

What does the phrase "Welcome In Change" bring for you?
What new would you love to create in your life?
Do you notice any contradictory responses arising for you? This? And....this?



The Story Continues: Episode 6 of "Doris the not-very-brave dragon"

Episode 6

As you may know, dragons can sleep for a very, very long time. Years, centuries sometimes. So, even though Doris was a young dragon – or maybe because of that – she has been fast asleep for all this time. She was very tired after all those adventures. And, she had dream work to do, considering all those names that she could choose from to call herself.
 
She decided to begin with all the names that begin with D. Dorothy, Dorota, Denise, Deborah, Diana – ooh, she rather liked that one – and so many more. So many that she began to feel quite dizzy. So many names, so hard to choose. So, still asleep, she decided to let those go for now. She slept deeply once more, floating in a sea of deep, deep blue.
 

 
Later, who knows if it was minutes, hours, days, months, or years, Doris began to emerge from the blue, and more ideas for names popped into her mind. She thought: “I will be a Brave Dragon soon, so I could be Brenda, or Beatrice, or Bernadetta…..”  Doris really loved the idea of Bernadetta. “If I want to, I can be Detta the Dragon, or Bernie the Brave Dragon, and I can always change again whenever I wish.”
 
Doris was pleased with these thoughts and decided she needed just a few more moments of sleep after all that thinking.
 
When she awoke again, she was still surrounded in blue. It almost felt as if she was under water. Doris closed her eyes again quickly. Dragons do not like water, not at all. They are not really equipped for swimming, and anyway, what if the water put out the fire? “What fire?” thought Doris, still half asleep, “Oh, aren’t I supposed to be able to breath out fire and smoke?” She felt confused and sad, and then she remembered to ask her mother – or at least to relax and let the memories arise. The memories of her mother talking to her while she was still a tiny dragon inside her egg.
 
Strangely, this time it felt as if her mother was actually here, with her, now, rather than in her memories. “All is well, little one,” her mother’s voice said, “Your fire will appear when the time is right. For now, enjoy the impression of the watery world you are about to open your eyes into – and know that you will be fine there.”
 

 
Doris opened her eyes, rather fearfully, despite the reassuring words from her mother. She could see blues of many shades all around her, but quite different from the deep blue where she had been sleeping. There seemed to be a shaft of light coming down from above. Doris stretched, and shook out her limbs and her wings.
 
“How interesting,” she thought, “it doesn’t feel wet.”  She decided to fly upwards, towards the light streaming through what now looked to her like the mouth of a cave. Either her wings had grown stronger while she had been sleeping, or there was some energy propelling her from below, but Doris shot up, much more quickly than she expected. She popped out into the light, almost like a champagne cork out of a bottle.

 
To be continued.....

© Mary Lunnen 2021
 

'Coaching for Coaches' and 'Coaching for Creatives'

Since I offered these new services last month, I have been delighted with the response. Several people have already taken up the offer of a chat on Zoom to explore how it might work for them, and one person has already embarked on a coaching programme.



I find that many people are creative people who coach (in the broadest sense of that word), and/or coaches who are creative. In any case each of us creates our world in the way we respond to the events that we are presented with, the choices we make. If you would like to make an active decision to dare to blossom, I have capacity in my diary for two or three more one to one clients, so please do contact me to book that initial chat if you are intrigued.  Click on the flower image to go to the webpage for more details.



Dare to Blossom Monthly Circles on Zoom

The monthly circles for November are Thursday 4th at 9.00 am, and Saturday 6th at 11.00 am, UK times. You can book on Facebook or LinkedIn, or simply reply to this email and ask me for the Zoom link.  Payment is by donation, depending on your circumstances. People offer from zero to £30, with no expectation, simply deep gratitude for your presence. 




 

with love,

Thank you for joining me here this month, any thoughts, feedback, or questions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment