Thursday 25 April 2024

May 2024 - Growth

 

Welcome to the Dare to Blossom Newsletter


Reflections: Growth
New Dare to Blossom Cards: 'Time for You' now available
'Time for You' celebration at 7.30 pm Monday 29th April

'Space to Be, Space to Breathe' Compass Rose Programme begins on 3rd June

New podcast interview on 'Tea, Toast and Trivia'

Reflections: Growth

This card - Growth - made me smile. The new Time for You cards grew from a seed of an idea, into a new offering very quickly, as you will see below. And then I was struck by the colours - the pattern of turquoise blue/greens with the warm red of Story in the middle.



 

If you would like to join me in reflection, ask yourself the questions here, and write in your journal. Or, if you prefer, read on and come back later.

  • What is your first response? To the word? To the colour?
  • What else is there?
  • And, what else?
  • What does Growth add to the other cards so far? How do the colours connect together? 


What else is there?

Here in Cornwall , spring has finally arrived with some dry weather after weeks of grey skies and rain, although it is still cold with a biting north or east wind. It is so wonderful to see some blue skies and sunshine and to walk on the cliffs again. New blossoms appear apparently every day, primroses and bluebells in the hedgerows and woods, spring squill, yellow vetch, violets and the very first buds of sea thrift on the cliffs.

And, what else?

Today, I am very tired, partly due to tackling the unwanted growth of brambles and nettles in our garden which need clearing so our vegetable plants to produce fresh food for us later in the year can go in

What does Growth add to the other cards so far? How do the colours connect together?  

The warm red of Story now has two turquoise blues on either side, and they tell a story in themselves. Angels, Silence, Reflect, Growth. All adding to the depth of the Story, the current story, the new story I want to create in my life. As I have mentioned before, I do not look ahead at the next word to come - even though I am most intrigued to see what it is when I come to write this piece for you next month.

New Dare to Blossom Cards: 'Time for You' now available

It is hard to believe that it was only a month ago when I had just received the inspiration for this new deck, I have never experienced one of my creative projects coming into being quite so quickly and easily. Rather than one proof pack, I ordered eight sets, one I kept for myself and the other eight sold out almost immediately. I now have plenty in stock and they are available via my website here, or simply reply to this email to ask me about them.



These are a little different to the Dare to Blossom Rediscover Your Inner Wisdom cards. 'The 'Time for You' cards are prompts for creative play or playful creativity, whichever way you like to look at it. Some people spread them all out and choose the one that draws their eye as a prompt. Others shuffle and draw one randomly. Some words are definitely active, such as Sing, or Drum. Others, while still verbs, are more restful - Observe, Doodle, and others simply fun - Giggle, Hug, Smile.



'Time for You' celebration at 7.30 pm Monday 29th April

This month the Monday evening circle is a celebration of the new cards, as well as the regular opportunity to connect. Come along to see the cards and have some drawn for you - despite saying they are a little different, I have been finding they are just as magical as the two decks of Rediscovery Cards when used in the group gatherings. And I will take us on a guided magic carpet ride visualisation too. This link with take you to the Zoom event at 7.30 pm UK time on Monday, or you can book via the Facebook event here.

I am offering a special package of the new cards my most recent creation, together with my first coaching publication Dare to Blossom: Coaching and Creativity (2008). The book is usually £8.95, the cards are £16, UK postage and packing would be £2.40,

I have just three print copies of the book in stock - you can purchase the package for £22, including UK postage, saving £5.35.

Contact me now if you would like one of these three spacial packages. If there are any left on Monday 29th I will offer them to those present - but I wanted you - my lovely subscribers here - to have the first chance. The book is always available via Lulu.com and Amazon, and the cards from me, but this offer is a once only opportunity.

 


'Space to Be, Space to Breathe' Compass Rose Programme begins on 3rd June

This is the new six-week turn around the Compass Rose. There are two Zoom taster circles on 22nd and 29th May at 11.00 am UK.  All the details are on the website here - or as always, simply reply to this email to ask any questions you may have about the programme.


 

The programme itself begins on Monday 3rd June (with the private Facebook group opening on 1st June).The Zoom gatherings will be on Wednesdays at 11.00 am UK time - unless those interested request another time that suits everyone. 

New podcast interview on 'Tea, Toast and Trivia'

Here is my second interview with Rebecca Budd for her 'Tea, Toast and Trivia' podcast.

Rebecca is an ace interviewer who asks the most interesting questions - taking us down all sorts of intriguing 'back lanes and byways' in our conversations. All beautifully recorded and then edited expertly by Don. Thank you both for your time and enthusiasm. 



Here is the link to listen, playing time just over 22 minutes. Season 6, Episode 6: Mary Lunnen on Your Compass Rose Speaks. I hope you enjoy listening.

with love,

Mary


 


I send wishes for health and happiness for you and all you love.

Thank you for joining me here this month, any thoughts, feedback, or questions are always welcome.

 

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment