Friday 28 February 2014

Dare to Blossom Newsletter March 2014

March 2014


Reflections: Allowing
News
Inspirational links



Starting with a photo of the daffodils in bloom outside my office, glorious sunshine yellow.

Reflections: Allowing

This could be one of the words on the Dare to Blossom Rediscovery cards - though it isn't in the current set. (Who knows maybe there will be a 'second edition' one day?)

As I begin to write this, a few days before it is due to go out to you, I have got myself in a strange frame of mind. After the word popped up in my head yesterday it sparked several thoughts for me. One was that I would 'allow' myself to get some paints out and have a play with no expectations. As I doodled I found myself wanting to make something 'fit' to show you, for it to be 'good enough'. It became a task I had to do and then I began to criticise myself both for not being spontaneous enough and for not making a very good picture.

Dear me - those inner critics (several of them all chattering in my head at once) have been having a field day. Just the opposite of the idea of a little bit of fun. Such an example of how I sabotage myself, turning a relaxing pastime for an hour on a Sunday afternoon into a competition with myself that I could never win. Does this sound familiar to you?

So, having been through all this process I have come here to write it out, to explore straight onto the screen how all this is feeling. One of my first thoughts about 'Allowing' was letting go, not being so hard on myself. So, as my intention in all my writing is to be as genuine and authentic and true as I can, I am sharing the process, but not my doodles in paint (though I may at another time).

Another thought has been about how writing the weekly and monthly newsletters creates a burden when they fall in the same week. And I am feeling now that I may choose not to include a 'Reflections' piece here for a while (as I am doing plenty of that in the weekly thoughts on the Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Cards). I will still send some news and inspirational links for you each month. When I complete my weekly ritual of writing about each card, then I will review and decide what I would like to choose next. By next month... who knows, I may have changed my mind again - this my privilege as the creator of all this.


For you: some suggestions for your journal or meditation reflections:
- What are you not allowing yourself - to do, to think, to dream?
- You might write a list of things that you could do if there were no limits of barriers.
- Then choose one or two and find a way of achieving the feeling of that dream - for example, if you feel 'travel round the world' is not achievable right now, find somewhere close to home that is new to you and explore.
- Another aspect of this: where have you created a task for yourself that you 'have to do'? (Like me 'having' to write two newsletters in one week).
- Do you want to make a different choice?
- What might you choose next?
- What makes your heart sing?


News: 

Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Short and Sweet 15 minute Session
If you have been at all drawn to trying out a Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Coaching session, perhaps you've been wondering what on earth it is exactly? And can you spare a whole hour to find out? And can you invest £65 to satisfy your curiosity? I am very happy that people do take that step and there are some testimonials on the dedicated website 'The Rediscovery Process'. These demonstrate the powerful process that can emerge during an in-depth Rediscovery Session.

However, if the questions above describe how you are feeling, I'd like to offer you a different way to try out the process. A dear friend helped me experiment with this recently (thank you Sue!). The offer is a focused 'Short and Sweet' session of fifteen minutes, drawing one card and exploring what images, reactions and inner wisdom that brings for you. The cost is £16.50. If you are inspired to book now, you can go straight to the PayPal payment and then email me to arrange a convenient time for you. (Telephone or Skype). If you don't have your own Rediscovery Cards, I will shuffle a pack and draw a card for you, it works just the same.

Inspirational Links: 

1. WOW.... Magical Meetings for Women group: a group of amazing women who, in the words of Lynda Thomas: "... meet on the last Thursday of every month at Carnon Downs Village Hall 2.30-5pm...and enjoy an Inspirational guest speaker (various topics)

Eat cake. Drink Tea. Share experiences. Have a laugh......meet fab women...network.....friendships....lots more.....£10 entry.....our speakers are paid.....let me know if you would like to be our Speaker! go on....give "WOW" a go!!! love Lyn x"


If you subscribe to the Rediscovery Cards newsletter as well as this one, you will see two versions of this notice, one mentioning the February event and this one: on Thursday 27 March I am the speaker and I am planning a short talk followed by a mini Rediscovery Workshop, I do hope to see you there.

2. I have recently come across the work of Teresa Wicksteed, who is based here in Cornwall. Although I have yet to see the paintings in their full glory in a gallery, the images on her website are stunning and inspiring. I love the movement and energy in them, the way she explores and conveys so many feelings with the paint. One day I would love to visit her studio on the Rame Peninsul. Thank you for allowing me to mention you here Teresa.

3. Spiritual Lives is a community on Facebook, set up by Penny Edwards as "A place to talk about all things spiritual and how it affects our lives mentally, emotionally and physically", do pop over and say hello and join in the discussions.

Thank you - for being my companion, for your support and comments, for sharing your suggestions and thoughts. 

As always, please feel free to comment below with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for sharing time with me here.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment