Wednesday 26 February 2014

Peace


26 February 2014

When I drew this card I hoped that it signified a calm and peaceful week, so far it has been the opposite. Full of technical hitches, and challenges of many types. But - maybe that was why I drew this card, to remind me that Peace is always there within, always accessible if I can only detach a little from the sometimes frantic everyday world.

Detach and reconnect with the quiet within, that still quiet place of refuge. That still quiet place that can also be a crucible for inspiration and ideas  I am finding it hard to write about 'peace'. For me it is a feeling rather than words, maybe because I associate words in some ways with 'work' - speaking, teaching, writing. I am so fortunate that most of my work is also my joy. All those things bring satisfaction, rewards, personal exploration and professional development too.

And I am very conscious that it is important to me to retain the balance that allows me to truly feel that way. If my work starts to become a drudge or a burden, then I soon know that something is off centre, out of line, needs rebalancing.  When I take the time out to do that all returns to peaceful equilibrium, even in the midst of a busy world. 'Taking time out' can be as quick and simple as stopping for ten minutes to breathe and stretch, to tune in to myself and to become aware of all around me in the moment. Where ever I am, there is always something beautiful, interesting or intriguing (sometimes all three).

The colour has not shown true in my photograph, it is less turquoise, more a soft 'Wedgwood' blue. I've been searching for a photo with the colour, this 'summer clouds' sky is about the best I can find, taken last year on a glorious afternoon. The colour actually doesn't matter, the feeling of Peace is there.This has just brought back a a childhood memory of when I lived with my family at South Brent, on the edge of Dartmoor. The garden of our house backed on to fields and even at a young age ( I must have been 9 or 10) my brother and I were allowed to walk up there onto Brent Hill - I remembering lying on our backs on the soft grass and gazing up into the blue of the sky..... peace.




Event News: This is normally in the monthly newsletter, but I am including it here as well as the February event is tomorrow, Thursday 27 February. The speaker is Lucy Miles, who I have yet to meet, her work sounds fascinating. If you are in the area do go along they are a wonderful friendly and welcoming group of women. Even if you are not able to go to the meetings you can request to join the Facebook group (follow the link below) to keep in touch and network online.

WOW.... Magical Meetings for Women: a group of amazing women who, in the words of Lynda Thomas: "... meet on the last Thursday of every month at Carnon Downs Village Hall 2.30-5pm...and enjoy an Inspirational guest speaker (various topics)

Eat cake. Drink Tea. Share experiences. Have a laugh......meet fab
 women...

network.....friendships....lots more.....£10 entry.....our speakers are paid.....let me know if 

you would like to be our Speaker! go on....give "WOW" a go!!! love Lyn x"

If you subscribe to the monthly Dare to Blossom newsletter as well as this one, you will see another version of this notice, mentioning the March event when I am the speaker. I am planning a short talk followed by a mini Rediscovery Workshop, I do hope to see you there. 

As always, please feel free to comment with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment