Thursday 20 June 2013

Action



Action

20 June 2013

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step." This saying has always been an inspiration for me: whenever I am starting a big project, or anything that seems daunting, I think of this. If I can just get started, get moving, then I will have begun the journey. Sometimes I feel I am not ready, that I need to prepare more. Then I recall what I would say to people who come to me for coaching: writing about  ideas is good, exploring them in conversation is great - but... nothing will actually happen unless some action is taken. When I take that first step towards something, events are set in motion, friends can support me. Maybe, the Universe really does move in behind me too, who knows?


Sometimes an action involves a leap of faith, jumping before the bridge appears to support my landing. I've been wondering why I can't find much to write for you this week. Maybe it is because more 'action' is required!  Even though writing (and sending this out to you) is an action in itself, maybe this week's card is prompting me to be more active out in the world, physically.

One of the actions I have taken this week is to book a workshop with Soleira Green on 13 July at her home in West Sussex (see below for a link if you are interested). I have known Soleira for a number of years and it will be great to spend a day with her and a group of people. I find it interesting that I barely read the description of the workshop, I just had a strong feeling of needing to take action, to jump in and book a place.

The number thirteen has always been a 'lucky number' for me, I am not sure if this influenced me or not. I do know that on that date I'll be on a day trip to Sussex via 'plane, train and automobile'. Maybe you will be there too? Here is the link, scroll down the page for the workshop in Sussex. You will also see that there is an on-line offering, as well as events around the world.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Finally before I go, a heart-felt thank you to readers who have gently queried whether writing a weekly newsletter/blog is a burden, I appreciate your concern and  thoughtfulness. So far it hasn't been, and I will be having the occasional week's break when I am away. Thank you for the reminder to consider my own self-care: I will take note and have a break any time it begins to feel like a chore rather than a joy to share these thoughts with you.

Your continued support is such a gift, thank you. Please contribute your thoughts below if you would like to  share them and start a discussion.

Until next time,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. It is always difficult for me to know if it is time to take action. Another piece of this timing for me is trusting that divine guidance will direct me accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts Linda. Trust and timing are interesting 'partners' in life.

      Delete