Thursday 6 June 2013

Clarity

6 June 2013

Clarity - just what I need this week. However, I have found it very hard to write this piece to share with you. Maybe because I had gone into 'writing' mode, rather than feeling and exploring and flow-writing?

I have been doing some thinking during the week about becoming more clear on what it is I offer people through my coaching services - and that will be emerging in due course and shared in a future monthly newsletter. So that was a start.

The last few days here in Cornwall have been wonderful - perfect June days, with bright sunshine, a cool breeze and nature blossoming all around. As I have been going through my working days I have been noticing the wonderful clear air. The sort of air that sparkles almost as if you can see it; the air that makes everything look bright and new. The trees in fresh greens of early summer, such a variety of different shades. The flowers in the Cornish hedgerows: bluebells, red campion, buttercups. Everything zinging with life and energy.

Nature doesn't feel a struggle for clarity: nature knows why the plants are flowering and the trees are in leaf. If I can discover why I am here, will I gain that clarity? I have read somewhere that I am here simply to experience joy. To be joyful in each moment and to help others experience joy also. That sounds clear and simple (though not necessarily easy). All the "stuff" that gets in my way is clutter and fogginess. Clutter stops me thinking clearly and fogginess obscures my vision.

A song runs through my head: "I can see clearly now the rain has gone, I can see all obstacles in my way. Gone are the dark clouds that had me down, it's gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiny day." (
Jimmy Cliff) That reminds me of a saying along the lines of "The obstacles in your path, are your path." There is an article on the subject here from the Zen Habits blog - interesting that the first example is about writing!

So - those were my thoughts, once they eventually started flowing. I think I will keep "Clarity", with it's warm orange background, close to me to guide me along my way forward.

Thank you once again for sharing my voyage of rediscovery. I'll look forward to seeing your comments below if you would like to offer them, and to hearing about your own journeys using the Rediscovery Cards.

Until next week,

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Here's to joy, and to the journey continuing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarity has been a word I have been holding close for some time now. It allows be to step into my desires as they are then more defined.

    Mary, also wanted to tell you that this weekend my daughter and her 3 children are visiting. This morning we were gathered around the kitchen/dining room. My 11 year old granddaughter was telling us her dream and when she was finished I invited her to go to the Rediscovery Cards which I had spread out on the dining room table and, choose one that best described her dream. She immediately knew the word was "adventure" and also wanted to choose "choices." This then prompted a discussion that we all enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Linda

    Thank you for sharing this. Someone else has told me she has been using the words on the cards as topics to discuss with children. And it is interesting how some people have the cards face-up and others choose at random - both ways leading to valuable insights arising. I love the way these simple cards are out in the world having a presence all of their own!

    ReplyDelete