Wednesday 25 September 2013

Beauty


26 September 2013

This card has supported me this week, and added depth to last week's 'Generosity'. As well as opening my heart to generosity in thought, word and deed, I have found it helpful to have the reminder to see the beauty around me. Not only am I fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the world, I can - if I choose to pause and really see - appreciate the beauty in the most mundane, and even 'ugly' things. For example, a creased up piece of paper on my desk has patterns of light and shadow amongst the creases, shades of white and purply-grey.


Beauty is all around and within me, if only I have eyes to see. Sometimes it takes the unusual, or the vision of an artist interpreting the world differently to really stop me short and open my eyes. Holidays are wonderful for this, and I will share some photos from my recent visit to the Isle of Wight - I can't think of many words to write about this card, so I hope it is true that 'pictures speak louder than words'.



Pink Hydrangeas in Ventor Botanic Gardens



Ceramic flower by Frances Doherty, Ventnor Botanic Gardens (click on the photo to visit her website)

Before I go, the background colour on the 'Beauty' card is a soft blue. The blue of the sky, or the sea, the blue of many flowers, A calming and soothing colour. An image comes into my head of my late mother in her favourite blue two-piece outfit, the one she wore to weddings and special birthday meals, and which brought out the sparkling blue of her twinkly eyes so beautifully. A special thank you to her for bringing me up to appreciate the beauty all around me.

As always, please feel free to comment below, it is wonderful to hear your thoughts.

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment