Thursday 5 September 2013

Faith


5 September 2013

This is one of those little words that is weighed down with associations and layers of meaning, so please can I reiterate that these reflections are my personal thoughts in this particular moment of time.

After my experience recently of losing a piece i had written to you, I started this sitting in the garden. I find that is often a good place to think and write, surrounded by plants and flowers, birds singing, the wind in the trees. It is harvest time here and the sound of farm machinery could be heard in the distance, a combine harvester and maybe the grain drier running on the farm here.

What does 'Faith' mean today for me? Faith in myself feels most important right now. do I have faith that I can deal with whatever comes my way? Overcome any obstacles? Achieve my goals? Faith that I have set my goals 'right'? Whoops - that is starting to sound less like faith and more like setting myself up for a fall. Who is to say what the 'right' goals are? Beyond standards of legality and manners, are there any right or wrong goals?

As I am exploring the 'rediscovery process' I want to re-learn and remember for myself that when I am able to truly come home to myself I know again that I am whole as I am, there is nothing to be 'fixed' - and to experience that not just write the words. I am struggling to find a way of expressing my feeling here - maybe Faith is just Faith. Not faith in - anything in particular. Faith that sustains even in the darkest times. Faith that, whatever is happening, 'This too shall pass.' Faith that, beyond people's choices (and goals if you will), beyond behaviours and attitudes, behind and above all the daily 'busy-ness' of human life - we are all part of something. There are many words for that something, God, the Universe, spirit, source, higher consciousness.

Linking to Faith for me, is when I can step away from the part of me that is absorbed in daily worries and irritations, to observe with kindness the way I am doing my best at any time, even when I feel I am failing, and know that there is a place of peace. Peace signified in the background colour of this card, the deep blue of the sky at it's most intense colour on a summer's day or as the sun sets. A blue that is almost purple - and in fact when I go back to the card itself, there it looks less blue as in the photo above and more purple - how interesting! When I can find that place of peace, of stillness within in the midst of life, then I feel I can draw on Faith that all is well to sustain and support me.


As always, please feel free to comment below or email me with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment