Thursday 3 October 2013

Communication


3 October 2013

This card has been interesting. So much has been written about communication, including the chapter I wrote myself in Dare to Blossom: Coaching and Creativity. And "communication" is what I do all day in my work: putting over new ideas and concepts to people; helping them plan how best to communicate their own marketing messages about their new businesses; communicating with colleagues.

When I drew this card last Thursday though - the first thing that came to mind was communicating with myself, and with my body. I've been going through a period of physical pain - new ones and flare-ups of pains that have been a companion for years. This can be a reminder to slow down and listen to my body, not to over-rule the messages with thoughts of 'must' and 'should'; of duty and responsibility. Yes, of course those are important, I need to fulfill my obligations at work and with my clients; and at home. And, in order to continue doing those things I need also to look after myself.

When I first 'created' the Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Cards (or rather, helped them pop into being from out there somewhere) - my feeling was that they could act as a guide and a prompt to anyone who chooses to use them. Working through them slowly, week by week this has proved to be so for me, they have been a guide to communicating with my inner self, with my body indeed. A prompt to listen in a different way to my own inner wisdom and to guidance from elsewhere.

As valuable and important as reflection and awareness is, nothing ever changes without action of some sort, even if that action is to stop doing something. Today I will take my own advice, give myself some time within my working day for self-care and for journaling.


If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page. People are also telling me that their friends and family love receiving them as gifts, perhaps an idea (dare I mention it?!) for Christmas?

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and reading my musings. Please do share any thoughts or comments below

Until next time,

with love,
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Ah, after I posted this I realised I hadn't thought about the colour: the soft blue is traditionally associated with communication and the throat chakra, with clarity.

    ReplyDelete