Thursday 12 December 2013

Purpose


12 December 2013

Just after I drew this card last week, I had a booking for a Rediscovery Session via Skype with a friend who has become a regular client. I think I can say it was an amazing experience for both of us. Afterwards, I thought to myself "This is my purpose in life, I wish I could do this all the time." Then I fell into the trap of feeling sorry for myself because I am not in a position where I can spend my days only working with people in this way.


Then I stopped myself: what exactly had I been doing during that conversation? Very little: I was listening, providing thinking time, holding the space for her to explore. A few questions, in this example mainly the repetition of one question: "And is there anything else?" It truly was magical how deep a process this was, starting with a simple word on a piece of card with a coloured background. In truth, what had made the Rediscovery Session work was nothing I was doing but how I was being. So if I can adjust my viewpoint to that of being not doing, that can change everything.

For me, it changes my attitude to the other work I do to pay the bills (and to all the other tasks and chores in daily life). If my purpose is to be a certain way, and to be in the feeling of coming home to myself that brings - then my purpose is always with me and always accessible. Where ever I am, what ever I am doing. The practice of being my purpose is an on-going process. If I can remain focused on being not doing I find it easier not to slip into the negativity and critical self-talk that pops up so easily. 


Action is important to get things done, make things happen. The way I am being while taking those actions alters my own experience. It probably also alters the experience of those around me, though that is not for me to say.

As I was writing the first part of this yesterday morning, I looked up and saw the sunrise dawning out of my window. At that moment I knew exactly what to do, grab my camera and my coat and get outside to enjoy the glory of that moment. A moment that will never be repeated in quite the same way. Here are two photos, one taken early when the sun was just starting to rise, the other later when the magical colours had suffused the whole sky. The second was taken looking directly up over my head, and these colours always bring to mind that expression from a childhood story (I can't remember which one, do you know?) "Sky blue pink".






Don't forget to email with your postal address if you would like to enter the draw for a set of Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Cards which closes on 20th December. And look out for a special offer in January on Rediscovery Sessions so you can experience the process for yourself if you wish. (Of course, you can contact me at any time for a free consultation to find out more about my services.)

As always, please feel free to comment with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post as I so can identify with your words. Thank you. I have to daily and many times throughout the day remind myself for the "doing to come out of the being." It is for me about being in the NOW, staying "awake", and letting go of expectations that then supports me to practice loving self care. When I can use these "tools" it supports me to BE and to DO with more empowerment which truly is my purpose. It changes the meaning of purpose for me.
    And, the pictures are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Linda and for sharing your thoughts. I found this week's piece left me feeling quite vulnerable as I sent it out . And I have learnt that when I feel that way the piece is one that really connects with people in a profound way. This has proved to be one of those times.

      Delete