Wednesday 18 December 2013

Support



19 December 2013

After writing about 'Purpose' last week, and sending it out into the world, I felt very wobbly and vulnerable. Exposed and a little nervous about how my thoughts would be received. I needn't have worried - I am learning that when I feel that way, that is just the piece of writing that really connects with those of you reading. The amount of support I received back in the way of comments and sharing of experiences has been heart-warming and has reaffirmed my commitment to this process. A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to respond. And to everyone who reads this, whether you have time or inclination to write to me or not.

So, when I drew this card I laughed, having already felt and appreciated 'Support'. It is also a chance to reflect on the many people in my 'support network'. My closest family and friends, my fellow coaches, my work colleagues, all my contacts on-line in various forums (fora?) and Facebook. All the authors whose work has inspired and challenged me. The artists and photographers whose images delight and move me. The strangers whose smile in the street or kind words can change a day. My cats - over the years a series of beloved companions, who give affection (even if 'cupboard love'!), cuddles and laughter. The wonderful natural environment all around that often brings messages for me.

The colour is warm deep pink, feeling to me like a wonderful soft blanket of love to wrap myself in and snuggle up. And speaking of pink - this was sent to me by Soleira Green, with perfect timing (of course!), and is a wonderful story of love and support, so I felt it is good to share it here, 
The Tutu Project

Finally, a 'seasonal' picture - we haven't had snow here yet this year, (though there is a mention of the possibility of some in the forecast), so I've found a photo from January 2010 for you. It was taken just outside our gate, the New Zealand flax (phormium) plants looking rather dramatic.



As always, please feel free to comment below with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

**Remember: last chance to enter the draw for a free pack of Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Cards - email me with your postal address by 5 pm (GMT) on Friday 20 December.**

There will be no weekly newsletter next week as Thursday is Boxing Day. I'll be sending you the first monthly newsletter for 2014 on 31st December so look out for that as there will be a special offer for you to start the New Year with a Rediscovery Session if you wish.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

2 comments: