Thursday 9 May 2013

What I live for?

Today (10 May) I'm taking part in 'What I Live For', an online event organised by author Satya Robyn. People like me all over the world will be sharing what gives their lives meaning. In Satya Robyn's novel 'Thaw', Ruth gives herself three months to decide whether she can find a reason to carry on living. There's 75% off the kindle version today (99p / $1.49) - read more here:



Morning Glory flower
The Morning Glory plant produces new flowers each day: every day the new buds open and share their inner glory with the world.


What an inspiring metaphor for starting each day afresh, living in the moment and daring to blossom!

All the work I do is about personal growth and spiritual awareness: each of us, everyone, is already perfect. We can grow as we become aware that each of us has that seed within, like the Morning Glory. A seed has everything within it to develop into the full glory of the plant, just needing the right conditions and nurturing.

'Growth' does not mean that you need to be more  than you are, or do more or have more. Growth is becoming the fullest and most glorious expression of who we are, living in our full glory. 'Awareness' helps us to see and to live in this knowledge, day by day.

This is a special time of year for me as on 12 May I was called into my doctor's surgery to be told I had been diagnosed with cervical cancer. That was nineteen years ago and was the start of a journey of personal growth for me, and the anniversary is now a time of celebration. Every year I renew my commitment to living each day to the full.

6 comments:

  1. Love this post. What a brilliant answer to the event. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fi, wonderful to have positive comments.
      Mary
      x

      Delete
  2. what an inspirational piece of writing - and what a vivid picture! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Freya, thank you. The photo was taken last summer in my garden, I just love these morning glory flowers - and I was amazed at how this picture seems to shine.
      Mary
      x

      Delete
  3. Here's to the celebration, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sparking the reflections Satya - and the opportunity to share those of the others taking part today.

    ReplyDelete