Wednesday 14 August 2013

Evolving

Evolving


14 August 2013

I am not sure how I feel about this card: is the thought of 'evolving' comfortable or painful? Reassuring or challenging? I'm not sure. In terms of the challenge I set myself back in May, to draw a different card each week, and to write about it to share with you - this as a process could be said to be evolving. Though I am not sure if there is any pattern or progression to be discerned. And I am not sure if I would see it if there were such a pattern. Maybe you can tell me? Do you see anything?

Ah, but the purpose of these reflections is not to ask others, but rather to ask myself, 'tap into my intuition' in the phrase that tripped off my fingers on the keyboard a little while ago. But what does that mean? Does it mean allowing the doubts when they come up, as they are today? Do I need to 'evolve' if I am already a part of the 'all that is', a part of all that is already whole? Or is 'evolution' in this context another way of saying 'coming home to myself', remembering who I truly am and why I am here?

The dictionary definition speaks of gradual change, progressive development, which is helpful. But in my heart this time I need to decide on my own meanings today, and I can feel a picture or image including these words:

- involve - being connected, being part of something
- revolve - turning around and coming back to again
- evolve - moving upwards, building upon, drawing out more of the true essence.

After writing this I researched the ancient roots of those words, and found that the 'volve' part of each word comes from the Latin volvere meaning to roll. So involve = roll in or up; revolve = to roll or turn around; and evolve = an unrolling, an opening. I love how my personal interpretation of the words above is pretty close to these roots of the words.

And with the organic green of the background colour (which is really lighter than it appears in this photograph), I have a sense that I cannot adequately express in words at all, though I will try. A sense of all being well, of nothing needing to change, that any 'evolution' that is taking place is in my own understanding of universal truths that have always been so - and I smile to myself remembering the 'But I know that!' feeling of recognition I often get (and I know others do too) when reading something that just touches the spot and reawakens my own knowing. At the end of this exploration, which I began with a feeling of trepidation and uncertainty, not knowing where sharing these thoughts typing without thinking, 'speaking aloud on the screen' would take me, at the end of this journey in your company dear friends, I am feeling content and also excited in the potential of what is yet to come in this voyage of rediscovery.

And in my head I see again a vision I received during a healing a year or so ago now, of a golden light drawing me up, a light which turned into a flock of golden birds. Birds that took me flying with them, up and away into the heavens, up and over the seas far below. Until in the distance I saw a new shore, a land that was familiar and seemed like home, and I felt full of excitement at arriving there to continue my rediscovery.


If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Next week I am taking a break, so the next edition of this newsletter will be with you towards the end of August.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

As always, please feel free to comment below. (and if you have been redirected here from Daring to Blossom. my apologies - I couldn't work out how to edit this to say just 'comment below' on that page!)

One day soon (-ish!) I will simplify all these different postings and get it all together in one place

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment