Saturday 31 August 2013

Dare to Blossom Newsletter - September 2013

September 2013
 

In this issue:


Reflections
Inspiring Links


Reflections

This month my reflections do not have a title. I had intended to write about...."Intention"! However, my feeling getting ready to write this was of a little resistance, a thought of "I've just written the weekly card piece, I don't know if I feel I want to write more."

So, I have a big collection of inspiring links for you below, and I am going to continue my practice of 'Self-love' by not forcing myself to write a long piece, instead I am about to go for a walk. A thought has just popped up though, when is it good to not push myself to do something? And when is it good to push on and do it anyway? I will walk and reflect on that.

-----------------------------------------

Back here, and with no profound insights to report. My feeling is that the answer to my question depends on the circumstances. In this case, those of you who read this regularly often tell me that the pieces that are most genuine and authentic are those you enjoy and find useful for yourselves. So in this example it would not be fulfilling that expectation to push myself too hard. What do you think?


Inspiring Links

The first link to share with you is Mary McConnell's Star Therapies business Facebook page. Mary hosted three of us last week for a magical four days. A time of sharing, talking, seeing a little of the wonderful coast and countryside, laughter, and just a few tears. Mary may be running retreats in the future, do visit her page to find out more if this appeals to you. Thank you so much Mary, it was a joy to spend time with you and with Cynthia and Gretel.

Nick Williams, whose writing and seminars have long been an inspiration to me, has recently launched a new programme. In this link he outlines how to identify your 'miracle brand'. Here is an extract from Nick's website, explaining this:

"I was a little reluctant to embrace the idea of branding to start with, as I saw so much branding as being commercially driven, and being to invent, manipulate and project a self-image. Then in February 2012, I had a breakthrough moment when I was in conversation with my friend Robert Holden. I asked him if we needed another word for branding for spiritual people. “No, I don’t think we do,” he said, “But we do need to give it another purpose beyond making money.”

As well as being able to read more, there are also a series of short videos on the website explaining the concept very clearly, I found them inspiring and helpful.

In perfect synchronicity, Sarah Rosenthuler - whose workshops I have had the privilege to attend, and who has been a valued friend for some years - sent in her last newsletter a link to her interview with Robert Holden, well known for his work on happiness. Here is a quote from Robert:

“We do not become happy because we are successful, we become successful because we are happy”

And finally, something another friend sent on to me, a film of an absolutely jaw-droppingly amazing feat of concentration and balance.

Thank you for reading, please do visit leave any comments or feedback if you feel inspired. Or email me direct if you prefer your remarks to be private, either way it is so good to know that people to read my monthly musings. Another way to link up is to visit the Dare to Blossom Life Coaching Facebook page, and if you feel inspired to 'Like' it while you are there that would be wonderful.

all best wishes

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment