Tuesday 1 April 2014

Dare to Blossom Newsletter April 2014



Welcome to the Dare to Blossom Newsletter

 

Reflections: Becoming Sure

This month, I am remembering a piece a while ago on 'not knowing'. So, what has changed? How have I moved from 'not knowing' to 'becoming sure'?

Good question.... There has been a process, something that has been growing as I have been through this year of writing once a week about the Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Card I have drawn from my pack. That process of rediscovering my own inner wisdom, of coming home to myself, has been a journey. And along the way a sense of safety and trust has been emerging. A returning to the voice I heard as a small child "You are safe my child.". A 'becoming sure' that all is well; that whatever happens in the outside world, I can cope, I do get through somehow. Ultimately, the essence of my spirit goes on, whatever happens to my body.

I am as unsure of the future as always - how can I not be? As I think John Lennon said, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." While I do plan, as we all need to for some things, I am also more able to be with whatever is going on. To enjoy those moments that will never return. To stop and smell the roses; to notice the beautiful sky as I drive to work; to smile at fellow motorists or say a cheerful word to the person who serves me in a shop.

'Becoming sure' - feels to me as if I now know there are always people looking out for me or cheering me on; always someone I can call on, to be there physically; or to simply witness, lean in and hold the space for me. Thank you to everyone who is reading this - you are part of my 'support team'. Each one of you, whether we have met or spoken or not - is very dear to me and appreciated greatly. A deep bow to you. Namaste.


For you: some suggestions for your journal or meditation reflections:
- What are you becoming sure of?
- Who are your support team? A beautiful exercise is to make up a 'Support Team Board' (a little like a Vision Board) - with photographs or representations of all the people around you. They may be friends family, professional people, inspirational writers, role models - anyone you can draw support from in any way.


Looking for a photograph to illustrate this piece, I came across this, a Datura that flowers in our conservatory. Not an obvious choice. These flowers often take a long time in the bud, developing slowly from a tiny starting point into large long tubes before opening out quite suddenly into this dramatic but fragile bloom. Somehow that epitomises to me that long period of 'not knowing' and how I now feel - a little tentatively, feeling somewhat delicate - that I am 'becoming sure.




News:

Guest Article: Would you like to contribute a piece for a future monthly newsletter? I am inviting you to send in some words for the 'Reflections' slot. There is no fee at present, but we can negotiate an exchange for Rediscovery Coaching if your piece is published, as long as it has not previously been seen elsewhere.

Just contact me by email if this appeals to you and we will discuss.

Inspiring Links:

You may have already seen this, the story of Diabolo the black panther - where the ability of one woman  to communicate with an animal changed the life of a mistreated animal, and his carers.Thank you to my sister Sue for sending this.


Thank you - for being my companion, for your support and comments, for sharing your suggestions and thoughts. 
.

As always, please feel free to comment below with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for sharing time with me here.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment