Wednesday 2 April 2014

Joy


2 April 2014

A lovely card to come out this week. Looking at it, I am thinking what a happy shape the word makes, I've not noticed that before. The three letters just look as if they are enjoying themselves! (The exclamation mark is because I've realised that 'enjoyed' itself includes 'joy'.)

Joy has lots of meanings for me: the joy of special life events - a marriage, a birth, a graduation after a lot of hard work. And the joy of being unreasonably happy - happy without a reason - like a child, just skipping along and humming because life is good.

The glorious colour is joyful in itself - and of course is a shade of the vibrant cerise pink that is my symbol, the beautiful passionflower. I've had a few ups and downs and difficult moments this week, and this card has been a reminder on my desk to appreciate the moments, to be joyful and grateful for all the wonderful things in the world around me.

At this time of year in Cornwall spring is in full flow - the birds singing vigorously, blossom appearing, the primroses shining out in the hedgerows along the country lanes. The vibrant green of new leaves just starting to appear on the trees.

And today, 2 April is my wedding anniversary, Dave and I have been married for thirty-seven years today. Our first thought is along the lines of "How did that happen??!" - and then the recognition and celebration that (so far) we have come through the bumps along the way in married life, tested out the 'in sickness and in health' part of our marriage vows, and are still here, still together. A joyful occasion for us.

-------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to write about the lovely experience last Thursday when I was honoured to be the guest speaker at the WOW Magical Meetings for Women group in Carnon Downs. Thank you so much for inviting me. My one hour slot consisted of a brief talk about 'how I got here' and then a mini workshop during which we all drew a Dare to Blossom Rediscovery Card, and talked about them. Mine was 'Daring' - with the vibrant spring green background colour - and was perfect. The next activity was something that I had scarcely 'dared' to try  - asking for a volunteer to demonstrate a 'Short and Sweet' Rediscovery Session. It seemed to go OK, and one person wrote later: "... a privilege to listen to Mary ... and watch her listening in her daring demo!" (thank you Lynda).

Soon I will be sending you details in one of these missives, about the 'Rediscovery at Home' events - where you can host a workshop for at least four paying guests in your home, and receive a free place yourself. This will be in Cornwall at first until I am free to travel more widely as I used to do. If you are very keen to know more, please do email me, or just watch this space for more details in due course.

Wishing you a joyful week.


As always, please feel free to comment below with your thoughts and comments. 

If you would like to own a set of cards to explore their power for yourself please visit the dedicated page.

Thank you dear friends for visiting with me again this week and sharing my musings.

Until next time,

with love,
Mary


*if you have any difficulty accessing the 'blogspot' service, you can also read here on the Daring to Blossom website, or find 'Dare to Blossom Life Coaching' on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment